- Play and Performance in Civic Space
- Reframing Learning and Mobile
- Play and real-world social change
Volunteering on mobile looks different. Sparked hints at this future by providing a web platform for crowdsourcing volunteers. Their iPhone app is no longer maintained — but something like it will resurface. Games are natural around the quick feedback loops of a microvolunteering marketplace.
How the microvolunteering process works, according to an infographic from Sparked:
Here are screen-shots of the original BeExtra app for iPhone (no longer supported):
SnapImpact is an app for the iPhone designed to connect potential volunteers with opportunities in their geographic vicinity (uses All For Good's database)(UPDATE: This is no longer live, per 5/3/2012) the Give Work iPhone app allows users to complete simple tasks that verify the work done by Samasource’s refugee workforce(UPDATE: This is no longer live, per 5/3/2012)
- VolunteerMatch does not utilize mobile affordances, but is worth noting as the largest traditional matching service for volunteers and nonprofit causes; here is its iPhone/iPad app
Game Overviewa microvolunteering platform to match volunteers and tasks
Game Link[External site]
- A Machine to See With
- AOK (Acts of Kindness)
- Community PlanIt
- DIY Democracy
- Doorknocking Game (Organizing To...
- Gentrification: The Game!
- GPS Mission
- Indeterminate Hikes
- Macon Money
- Massively Multiplayer Urban Games
- Our Broken Voice
- Parallel Kingdom
- Playground Maker
- Prison Valley
- Raise the Village
- RapidRide B Line
- Shadow Cities
- Sparked (was: BeExtra/Extraordin...
- Super School
- Tenants in Action
- The Games of Nonchalance
- WildLab Bird
- ZMQ Mobile Games